Our Orthodontics-Removable Products:
Traditionally, splints have been made from either a hard acrylic or a soft, polyvinyl material.
Hard acrylic splints provide the patient with an adjustable occlusal surface but usually require substantial chair time to make the appliance fit comfortably. Soft splints, although more comfortable for the patient, do not lend themselves to replacement and repair. The Dual-Flex® Splint offers the best of both worlds: the comfort and fit of a soft splint combined with the accuracy and adjustability of a hard acrylic occlusal surface.
Based on the unique Clear-Flex® thermoplastic (or temperature sensitive) resilient polymer, the splint becomes flexible when placed in warm water. This allows the patient to insert it in their mouth comfortably, without any abnormal forces being placed on their teeth. As it cools the splint returns to its original shape, conforming to the teeth for secure, reliable retention. A hard acrylic is chemically bonded to the Clear-Flex® base to form the occlusal surface of the splint. This allows the dentist to easily and precisely adjust the occlusal surface of the appliance. This hard occlusal surface ensures proper proprioceptive response with opposing dentition is maintained.
- Can be utilized for all splint designs (e.g. Gelb, MORA, May, Sears, Jankelson, Tanner, etc.)
- Perfect for protecting crowns, bridges and veneers from any abnormal occlusal forces that might damage them.
- Reproduce mandibular rest position as a centric occlusion position.
- Provide therapeutic occlusion in harmony with the neuromuscular patterns.
- Provide disclusion guidance which frees masticatory system from unwanted posterior interferences.
- Provide a masticatory machine which can apply maximum force with minimum self destruction and pain.
- Can be worn during light sports activity (NOTE: never substitute in contact sports where a full athletic mouthguard such as Sports-Flex™ is indicated) or overnight in bruxism cases (bruxism splints are regularly employed to prevent excessive tooth wear, tooth mobility and loss of tissue attachment).
Offers outstanding protection for football, rugby, martial arts, ice and street hockey, ringette, lacrosse and other high contact sports.
Constructed using three layers of injection-molded vinyl.
Hardened centre layer for extra protection.
Intended for use while participating in moderate contact activities such as racquetball or squash, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, rollerblading, mountain biking, and skateboarding.
Features two layers of injection-molded vinyl.
The perfect choice for a wide variety of athletic activity and contact levels.
Constructed from bonded sheets of injection-molded, cross-woven vinyl (provides extra strength and resistance to distortion).
Note: An Optional Helmet Strap is also available for fastening mouthguards to football face-guards, hockey helmets, etc.