Aurum Ceramic makes shipping your cases fast and easy. As a full-service laboratory, we are pleased to offer FREE pickup and delivery of Crown & Bridge, Implant, Cast Partial, Denture and Orthodontic cases. If you practice within the local area for any of our laboratory locations, our fleet of courteous drivers will be happy to pick up and deliver your cases. We also offer overnight service via UPS for anywhere else in the United States. We've even included some Shipping Tips to help simplify the shipping process.
Local Pick Up and Delivery Service Available In:
Classic Space Maintainers NE Inc.
Aurum Ceramic @ LVI (Specializing in Neuromuscular Dentistry)
For Pick-Up and Delivery Outside Local Areas:
Other couriers available for collect shipment include Loomis and I.C.S.
Have a Case Ready Now, Questions Or Need More Shipping Materials?
Please feel free to call your closest Aurum Ceramic Dental Laboratory at the numbers listed above and ask to speak to customer service or e-mail us with your questions or requests for shipping materials. Our "New Doctor Kit" is available on request through our Contact Us form on this website.
To Send A Case:
- Call (800)-PICKUPS (800-742-5877)
- In order to expedite your cases, we request that you enclose a completed prescription with your name and address; type of restoration; tooth numbers (and shade if applicable). Also please note on the prescription when an opposing model and bite are enclosed with the impression.
- For shipments within local pick up areas, just call your closest laboratory location using the telephone numbers listed above.
- For shipments outside of local pick up areas, please use the UPS waybills and shipping materials we supply to you (for additional materials, please call your closest laboratory location or use our Contact Us form).
- On the waybill, you will note that our "Shipping Address" (Box 2) and "Bill Receiver" (Box 4) are already filled in for you. To complete the waybill, please fill in the following boxes (make sure you use a pen and press hard as you are completing three copies. Please do not use rubber stamps or office labels unless you do so on all three copies):
Box 1 Your name and address (don't forget to include your telephone number)
Box 3 Date of Shipment
Box 5 Check off "Next Afternoon" (the second blue box)
Box 6 Fill in the number of boxes
Box 8 Check off "Other Packaging"
- Seal the box securely with packing tape and attach the waybill. In the case of a multiple package shipment, please tape them together if under one waybill. If not already on the boxes, place our supplied mailing address label on each box in the shipment.
A. Avoiding Broken Models
Broken or chipped models must be returned to your office, resulting in delays for both you and your patients in the fabrication of your cases. This can be prevented with the following tips:
- All models must be wrapped separately in either a polyfoam bag or a sheet of bubble wrap. Please clearly identify all models with the patient's name.
- After wrapping the model, the polyfoam bag or the bubble wrap must be secured with either tape or an elastic band.
- Place the wrapped models within the shipping box with extra wrapping surrounding them to prevent any movement of the models inside the box. Keep models well separated.
- All other items sent (such as impressions, bites, denture shade tabs, appliances, etc.) should be identified and placed in a separate container or clear vinyl pouch.
- Make sure all contents are secure and won't shift during shipment.
The industry standard soft yellow stone is really only intended for dentures. For a more stable, harder and more accurate model, consider the new age resin die stones. They are also much stronger and better suited to stand up to the rigours of shipment. Highly recommended for Crown & Bridge and Cast Chrome. This material is available as part of the Aurum Ceramic Product Collection. Call our order desk at 1-800-361-9567 for more information.
B. Shipping Impressions
- Do NOT ship unpoured alginates. Alginates will begin to distort within 15 minutes of impression so even impressions sent locally must be poured up in stone at the dental office.
- Carefully wrap polyvinyl siloxane impressions in separate containers or clear vinyl pouches. Pack the impression dry. Do NOT use wet tissues or paper towels. Place the wrapped impression flat within the shipping box, carefully avoiding stacking other materials on top of it (which would, of course, cause distortion).