Ultra Conservative Minimal-Prep Veneers (Complete Series)
Dr. Danièle Larose
|Viewings:||5 viewings (per webinar)|
A step-by-step guide featuring an actual clinical case and live patient, in four on-demand webinars
Today’s dentistry offers many proven, effective and aesthetic solutions to common anterior dental challenges. Yet, today’s patient is also infinitely better educated on the choices available to them via the media and the Internet than at any time in our history as a profession. Patients are no longer willing to accept traditional preparation techniques for aesthetic anterior cases without a solid rationale from their clinician. As such, the minimal-prep veneer has become an invaluable part of many aesthetic practices. By demonstrating the techniques that lead to an outstanding result, Dr. Danièle Larose clearly outlines how this proven modality can be added to your practice easily and confidently.
Tracing an actual case from smile evaluation to cementation, this Webinar series covers everything you need to know to start and finish your first minimal prep case. And, it’s packed with invaluable tips for those already placing minimal prep veneers in their practices. Through a combination of in-depth discussion and practical illustrations of each aspect on an actual live patient, these webinars have been designed to deliver a true “over the shoulder” experience for the clinician.
The series covers:
- Easy to apply systems for clinical assessment and smile evaluation that naturally lead to superior esthetics.
- Proven and predictable preparation and temporization guidelines based on the patient’s pre-approved smile.
- Using laboratory-fabricated tools (diagnostic wax-up, temporary stent and prep guides) to simplify your clinical tasks.
- Efficient placement and cementation tips.
"Getting Ready for Success with Minimal-Prep Veneers"
A little pre-planning makes all the difference!
A practical, efficient level of basic knowledge is the foundation for the success of any technique. In this initial webinar in our four-part series, we will outline how training the clinician’s “aesthetic eye”, along with a few tips on creating natural looking restorations, can make all the difference in implementing minimal-prep veneers as an invaluable aesthetic offering in your practice.
We will explore the elements that, when recognized by the practitioner, help to pinpoint improvement possibilities in individual patient’s smiles. Over the subsequent three webinars we will provide hands-on demonstrations of the techniques Dr. Daniele Larose has employed to build a very successful, and profitable, minimal-prep veneer practice.
Loaded with tips, this first webinar will cover:
- Why offer aesthetic dentistry at all? How aesthetic dentistry can bring joy and satisfaction to your patients - including an actual patient case history where aesthetic dentistry changed her outlook on life.
- The Elements of Aesthetic Smile Design - details that make a smile perfect and special.
"The Aesthetic Consultation and Wax-up Appointment"
Working with the patient for the optimal end result!
With higher patient awareness and knowledge regarding aesthetic procedures comes a far greater need to manage patient expectations. There is no better way to accomplish this than in involving the patient in talking about options available to them and discussing treatment planning. Encouraging a frank dialogue between patient and clinician has become the new norm in ensuring both patient and dentist are satisfied with the final result.
In this second webinar in our series, we will illustrate how to carry out these discussions via an actual presentation to a live patient. We’ll demonstrate how to capture each patient’s unique perspectives and goals – blending it all into effective presentations for these cases.
Loaded with practical suggestions and tips, this second webinar in our four-part series will cover:
- Pre-preparation case planning for better aesthetics.
- How to let patients try out their chosen treatment option before prepping or creating the final restorations.
- Encouraging a dialogue on treatment options through question and answer technique.
- Photography. Which views to get, how best to accomplish it and the photographic equipment recommended to capture them.
- Giving your lab what they need to do a great job for you.
"The "Pre-Approved Smile" Preparation Technique"
Predictable, Conservative Preparation Based on the Patient-Approved Wax-up
“Minimal preparation” has long been considered a challenge by the profession. As dentists we have been trained since our days in university to prep a tooth based on its present position. Yet, it is far more effective to actually create that preparation based on what you wish the optimal final position and result to be.
This “Try Before You Buy” approach to preparation (based on the laboratory-supplied patient approved diagnostic wax-up, temporary stent and prep guides) ensures that just enough tooth structure is removed to allow the perfect final result, both aesthetically and functionally. Fit and aesthetics are verified BEFORE any preparation is undertaken. Through an actual case, this webinar presents the full technique step-by-step, all but eliminating any guesswork and insuring the most conservative preparation is completed every time.
Loaded with tips, the webinar will cover:
- Laboratory-fabricated wax-up, temporary stent and prep guides - Examination and try-in. What to check and how to adjust if needed.
- How to effectively present and discuss the wax-up for patient approval.
- Preparing the teeth with the “Pre-Approved Smile” Preparation Technique.
- When, and when not, to prep the incisal.
- When to open the contacts.
- How to prep interproximally to avoid visible margins.
- Shade Management. Effective systems for choosing and taking shades with minimal prep cases.
- Fast and aesthetic temporization.
"Placing and Finishing Minimal-Prep Veneers"
Creating an Outstanding Final Result – Quickly and Efficiently
In the final installment of this four-part series, we discuss the final placement of the case – from receipt of veneers in the operatory to the smiling live patient. Featuring a true “over the shoulder” clinical experience, this webinar will discuss accurate and rapid veneer placement and finishing techniques, along with the little practical touches that end up in an outstanding final result.
Loaded with tips, the webinar will cover:
- Choosing your cement (type, shade, dentin or enamel adhesive bonding considerations)
- The try-in: what to look for to ensure eventual success on every case.
- Tips on obtaining patient approval for cementation.
- Placement tips: etching, cementing, placement and seating, finishing.
- Fast and sure excess cement removal.
About the Webinar Leader - Dr. Danièle Larose
Dr. Danièle Larose graduated from the University of Montreal’s School of Dental Medicine in 1997. She is in private practice in Ville St. Laurent (a suburb of Montreal) where she focuses on Cosmetic and Reconstructive Dentistry. Dr. Larose attended the Dawson Institute and the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. For the past eight years, she has been receiving great reviews teaching full-day hands-on classes devoted to anterior aesthetic techniques in Eastern Canada and the U.S. Dr. Larose was a featured speaker at the 2010 Women’s Dental Conference, a clinical instructor at the 2011 AACD meeting and a speaker at the 2012 AACD meeting in Washington, DC. In 2013, she was invited be part of the teaching faculty at the Center for Esthetic Excellence in Chicago, Illinois. Her work and educational articles have been featured in Continuum and Oral Health magazines. Dr. Larose is a member of the LVI Study Club, AACD, CAED and ODQ.