Saddle-Lock®'s proven "Hidden Clasp" cast partial technology eliminates visible buccal metal clasp display without the aid of cast crowns or expensive precision attachments. This flexible design can be used with completely tooth-borne removable partial dentures and with both unilateral and bilateral distal extension appliances.
Clasp retention for the Saddle-Lock® prosthesis utilizes the more pronounced natural mesial and distal undercut planes of the abutment teeth adjacent to the denture saddle. Clasp emergence is back at the casting finishing line providing the necessary strength for proper resiliency. The clasp terminals are positioned at each end of the denture saddle, effectively locking the segment to the ridge. Absolutely accurate clasp placement and paralleling of the planes with the "Retentoscope", a precise survey and design instrument, ensures each abutment tooth has a comfortable, yet positive load. Insertion is straight, vertical and effortless.
- Provides superb esthetics without crowning healthy dentition.
- Cosmetically natural appearance. Unsightly buccal clasps eliminated.
- Natural management of oral stresses. Stress shared by adjoining teeth in anterior-posterior direction. Abutment teeth protected from harmful forces.
- Handles inadequate retention and instability in free-end saddle cases (retentive clasp force located in distal undercuts transmits stabilizing effect into loose end segment of denture, resisting dislodging forces during mastication).
- Position partial quickly and easily with fingertip pressure. Strong resistance to dislodgement.
Saddle-Lock® patient brochure features
- Full-colour brochure developed specifically for use as patient education and promotional tool.
- Clearly illustrates the esthetic benefits of Saddle-Lock®'s hidden clasps.